A ketogenic fat bomb is a welcoming treat that provides energy through high amounts of healthy fat with few or no accompanying carbs.
Despite having a name that traditional dieters would associate with falling off the bandwagon, the reality is that fat bombs provide a variety of invaluable health benefits.
Bearing a payload composed of primarily unsaturated fats, fat bombs provide you with an explosive burst of energy that helps keep you full throughout the day.
It reduces how much you eat, assists with maintaining target weight, and has even been demonstrated to increase lifespan .
Best of all?
Fat bombs do not make life healthier at the cost of making it less enjoyable. To the contrary, these tasty surges inject a dose of deliciousness into the day-to-day and give you something great to eat to while helping you achieve your weight-loss objectives.
What’s in a Keto Fat Bomb?
Usually, fat bombs are loaded with healthy morsels such as dried fruits, nuts, avocado, and unsweetened chocolate.
What’s great about these foods?
They are tasty, can resemble traditional foods that snackers love, and allow you to maintain your weight-loss trajectory without sacrificing your favorite flavors.
Additionally, diabetics can count on fat bombs as a reliable weapon in the battle against rises in blood sugar. Because of their limited amount of carbs, fat bombs barely register on diabetics’ blood sugar radar, and won’t cause it to spike .
Fortunately, hunger-destroying fat bombs take little time to make, and, in under an hour, you could be chowing down on some of the most popular, palate-tickling options available.
3 Best Tasting Keto Fat Bomb Recipes
1. Peanut butter cups fat bomb
While on the surface, these yummy treats look and feel like any other garden-variety type of peanut butter cup, below the surface lies an electric blend of high-fat, low-carb goodness.
These mouth-watering peanut butter cups feature only 6 characters in their recipe’s story: sugar-free dark chocolate, cocoa butter, peanut butter, Swerve Sweetener, and vanilla extract.
This tasty combo comes together to provide energy for hours on end and allows you to lose weight without compromising your taste buds. The recipe we provide serves 12.
Ingredient for Chocolate Shell:
- 6 Ounces of chopped, sugar-free chocolate
- Half an ounce of cocoa butter
Ingredients for Peanut Butter Filling:
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Half a cup of Peanut Butter
- ¼ cup of powdered Swerve Sweetener (or an alternate sweetener of your choosing)
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Place 12 silicone muffin liners inside of a muffin pan.
- Ensuring to use a heatproof bowl, place it over water that is barely simmering, and mix inside the chocolate and cocoa butter until a smooth consistency is attained.
- Spread half the chocolate mix on the bottom and halfway up the sides of the liners using the back of the spoon. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Heat the peanut butter and butter in the microwave for 1 minute. Then, whisk together the sweetener and vanilla extract.
- Take out the chocolate cups from the freezer and fill them almost to the top with the peanut butter mix. Ensure you don’t place so much as to prevent leftover space necessary for chocolate covering from remaining. Then, return to freezer for another 10 minutes.
- Reheat remaining chocolate using a low-heat setting, and then stir until the mixture returns to its original smooth state. Spread the chocolate over the visible portions of peanut butter filling, and then chill the cups until they set.
2. Bacon fat bombs
Not all fat bombs are cut from the same cloth. Some, like these Bacon Fat Bombs, will leave your tastes rejoicing with delight.
Made out of butter, hard-boiled eggs, avocado, bacon, peppers, cilantro, mayo, and more, these crunchy breakfast bombs put a heavenly twist on deviled eggs.
For this recipe that serves 6, you’ll need the following:
- 1 hard-boiled egg
- 4 tablespoons of unsalted or clarified butter
- A quarter of an avocado
- 1 tablespoon of mayo
- 1 seeded and diced serrano pepper
- 1 tablespoon of chopped cilantro
- Kosher salt
- Cracked pepper
- Juice of a quarter lime
- 2 tablespoons of bacon grease
- 6 slices of cooked bacon
- Using a large bowl, mix together the hard-boiled egg, avocado, butter, mayo, serrano pepper, and cilantro. Mash these ingredients into a paste using a fork. Alternately, a potato masher will work, as well. Add salt and pepper for seasoning, and then sprinkle lime juice before stirring.
- Cook the bacon to your liking until it becomes crispy. Reserve 2 tablespoons of grease. Place the bacon grease into the mixture for the fat bomb and stir gently. Cover and insert into the refrigerator for half an hour. Finally, crumble the bacon into tiny fragments into a smaller bowl.
- With a spoon, dig out 6 equal quantities of the mixture and roll them into balls. Roll the balls through the bacon bits until they’re fully adorned with a patchwork of bacon, and then enjoy!
3. Cinnamon bun fat bombs
To those on the keto diet, cinnamon buns may seem like an artifact from a lost time. They’re the icon of carbs and sweets, and carb-wary dieters may see them as cinnamon-dusted sirens trying to lure keto-conscious dieters from the fat-burning embrace of ketosis.
Fortunately, nowadays, losing weight doesn’t mean saying farewell to the timeless morning pick-me-upper that is a well-made cinnamon bun. Using creamed coconut and almond butter, you can put a keto-friendly spin on this breakfast classic.
Dig into Cinnamon Bun Bar whenever you feel your energy start to wane and let it shift you back into top gear. The recipe we feature makes 2 bars.
- ½ of creamed coconut sliced into chunks
- ⅛ teaspoon of cinnamon
- For the first icing, you’ll need 1 tablespoon of extra virgin, unmelted coconut oil, and 1 tablespoon of almond butter.
- The second icing requires 1 tablespoon of extra virgin coconut oil and half a teaspoon of cinnamon
- Using muffin liners, line mini loaf pan.
- Mix the coconut cream and cinnamon in a bowl with your hands. Pat the mixture into the mini loaf pan, ensuring to fill 2 of its sections.
- To make the first icing, you’ll need to whisk together the coconut oil and almond butter in a separate bowl. After, spread this mixture on the creamed coconut, and insert the bars in the freezer for 5-15 minutes.
- For the second icing, use a whisk to mix the icing together in another bowl. Drizzle this icing upon the bars and then either eat immediately or refreeze.